*This Roasted Fingerling Potato Salad is a new spin on an old classic! Crisp, baked fingerling potatoes combine with a few simple pantry ingredients to create a simple an easy dressing that anyone can make! A fresh and simple dish to bring to all your summer gatherings that pairs perfectly with grilled burgers and chicken.
I knew this day was coming. The day I decided With Butter and Love deserved a few summer side dish recipes! I just can’t help myself!
Truth is I love cooking and baking. Although my initial idea for With Butter and Love was strictly Pastry and Baking recipes, I have fallen victim to this delicious Roasted Fingerling Potato Salad recipe and I. MUST. SHARE.
In fact, I already have shared with all of my favorite people at our weekly church meeting. 🙂 I got a lot of positive feedback, especially how simple and delicious it was. One of my friends mentioned that sometimes the simplest recipes are the best, and I agree! There are only a few ingredients here and that is sooooooo a good thing when I am getting 4 kids ready to go somewhere and making something to take along at the same time.
My biggest advice with this recipe is taste your dressing as you go! The true mark of a professional or someone who has worked in a kitchen is they will be continually tasting their work. The dressing is customizable based upon your own taste, so the only way to get it perfect for you is to test the dressing before you toss it on the potatoes.
I prefer a little tang in my dressing so I only added 2 teaspoons of sugar. However, if you are a fan of a sweeter dressing this recipe is perfect to tweak to your tastebuds. I would suggest not adding more then 1/2 teaspoon at a time because a little sugar does go a long way with this one.
- 3-4 lbs fingerling potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- freshly cracked pink salt to taste
- Slice fingerling potatoes and toss in olive oil and salt. Spread out on a baking tray and bake at 375 for 30+ minutes or until potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Cool potatoes completely when finished baking.
- When potatoes are cooling, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, and black pepper. When mixture comes together into a creamy dressing, toss in fresh basil. Additional sugar may be added to taste.
- Toss potatoes in dressing, top with extra basil and pink salt.